At Eastern Plumas Health Care, we offer an impressive array of hospital based services. Our small, acute care hospital supports a 24 hour, physician staffed, emergency room and ambulance service. Ambulance crews consist of an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) trained paramedic and an EMT, allowing them to apply the clinical interventions and urgent treatment necessary when a patient is experiencing cardiac arrest or another life threatening medical emergency.
In addition, we provide a wide spectrum of outpatient diagnostic services. These include a full service clinical laboratory and a comprehensive radiology department, offering preventative and diagnostic imaging services. We offer both inpatient and outpatient surgeries and procedures.
Portola Hospital Services
- 24 hour regional Advanced Life Support (ALS)
- Basic 24 hour emergency room with on-site physician
- Short term, medical/surgical acute care
- Surgical procedures in the following specialty areas: gastroenterology, orthopedics, and radiology
- Full-service laboratory, open Monday - Saturday
- Comprehensive Imaging Department, including x-ray, bone density/dexa scan, CT scan, echocardiogram, digital mammogram, neurometrics testing, ultra-sound, and MRI
- Respiratory therapists for procedures and breathing treatments
- Pulmonary function testing
- Smoking cessation program
- 12 lead EKG and Arterial Blood Gas (ABG)
- Telemedicine Program
With a combined total of 66 beds, our Skilled Nursing Facilities in Portola and Loyalton offer both short term rehabilitation, including Medicare Part A post-surgical rehabilitation and therapy, as well as long term care. We provide the combination of quality and caring, individual attention that you've come to expect from us throughout your lifetime.
Meredith Eaton, Mammography/Radiology Tech, excels in creating a comfortable and comforting environment for her patients. Our digital mammography equipment is faster, safer, and more accurate than traditional film mammography.
Our Ambulance Service is available 24/7. With exceptionally well trained paramedics and EMTs, state of the art life saving equipment, and a rapid response time, we're here for you when you need us most.